The Career Point University Hamirpur
An initiative of legendary Career Point Group, which is in the field of education since 1993, the Career Point University Hamirpur was established by the Government of Himachal Pradesh vide Act No 12 of 2012 under section 2 (f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The University is empowered by the University Grant Commission (UGC), a statutory body of Government of India, for the award of degrees under Section 22 of the UGC Act 1956. The University is situated in rural area facing Dhauladhar range of Himalayas.
Compared with the urban India, there is a large gap in the number of higher education institutions, desired infrastructure including faculty and quality education in institutions located in rural India. High living cost in addition to fee at urban institutes push the rural poor and under- privileged out of the higher education system. In recognition of these facts, the University was established to benefit the rural youth. The goal is to achieve holistic development of rural people by accelerating process towards sustainability. In a short period, the University has contributed significantly towards the upliftment of rural population through quality education, need based research & innovation eco-system besides number of developmental programs in collaboration with Govt. and other stakeholders. The Alumni of the University are now serving in India and abroad.
The University is UGC approved, Member of AIU-Delhi, NAAC (Govt. of India) Accredited, ARIIA (Govt of India) ranked, Winner of Smart India Hackathon (World’s largest event of MoE, Govt. of India)recipient of Green Champion Award (MoE, Govt. of India) Himachal Ratan Award, Bhart Gaurav Award etc.
At CPU, we follow time-tested, nationally and internationally acclaimed education system. We provide the range of programs/ courses in Engineering and Technology, Computer Application and Information Technology, Sciences, Business Management, Legal Studies. Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences, Ayurveda, Hotel Management /Hospitality, Journalism, Tour & Travel Management, Digital Marketing Management Microbiology/Medical Microbiology, Arts, Commerce, Yoga ,Naturopathy ,Artificial intelligence, Data Science, Physical Education, Language etc. The University has flexible academic ICT enabled learning system, value added courses with focus on basic research, innovations, transfer of technology and extension activities aimed towards the upliftment of society.We are sincerely striving to produce employable youth & leaders by inculcating the right skills at the right time.
- MOU signed with CSIR, Palampur to promote eco-friendly and pollution free environment.
- MOU signed with IIT Bombay to promote latest IT knowledge amongst rural population by training students and other youths of the region.
- MOU signed with Global Crop Diversity Trust, Bonn, Germany to support the conservation and rural development programmes to ensure food security in developing countries.
The University is active member of Association of Indian Universities, Delhi.
The University is recognized by the UGC.
- "Bharat Gaurav Award 2017" for outstanding achievement in education and research for National Economic and Social Development by the Economic Growth Foundation, Global Achievers Association, Global Society for Health and Education Growth.
- "Himachal Rattan Award" from the "All Indian Conference of Intellectuals" for the recognition of the distinguished services rendered to the society at large.
Constitution of Bodies
The statutory officer positions are filled and bodies like governing body, board of management, academic council, board of studies etc are in active function. The academic bodies –academic council and board of studies revise/improve the curricula/courses of the programs as per the contemporary needs of the market.