The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in 2017 at CPU-Hamirpur. This robust department of the pharma community is a pool of competent faculties, dynamic students, research fellows, and visiting scientists nurtured by highly qualified and renowned visionary personalities from the health & pharma sectors. The department is the state of the art department with well-equipped laboratories, infrastructure, modern teaching methodologies and research addressing current problems of community.
The department encourages and supports studies involving pharma education and a range of training platforms viz. industries, hospitals, community pharmacy to strengthen the students for upcoming challenges in professional career.
The Division of Microbiology was established in 2017 to provide education at the Master and Doctoral level in Microbiology and to disseminate knowledge and promote quality
research, industries and research laboratories. Microbiology is one of the most dynamic areas of biological science as microbes are evolutionary and ecological pioneers and have immense socio-economic importance in our day-to-day life. These minuscule organisms play an indispensable and vital role in research in all areas of basic and applied science.
Ayurveda is the world’s oldest medicine system approach or Indian traditional medicine system deals with classical medicines derived from plants, animals and metals-minerals also included diet, exercise and lifestyle. According to Ayurveda, panchakarma are techniques to eliminate toxic elements from the body. Field study of drugs are also there, students go in the field and collect the herbs for preparing formulation as per the standard and requirements. The main motive is to create interest among students and people to adopt the classical/traditional treatment for their valuable health.
- Provide quality education to students. The faculty members of the department are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields
- State-of-the-art research facilities, including advanced instrumentation and modern laboratories, to facilitate research activities.
- The department has established partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies
- To provide excellent infrastructural facilities to facilitate research and development activities among Pharma Peers
- To develop effective pedagogical and research potential among the faculties.
- Prepare students with in-depth knowledge and research skills for professional careers in Microbiology
- Lectures by Microbiologists, Industry experts, and Medical officers.
Organized/participated in National seminars/ conferences/ workshops.Highly qualified & experienced faculty.
Ayurvedic Workshops:- Preparation of various herbo-mineral formulations.
Knowledge Enhancement and Lear:-The curriculum of the program lays strong emphasis on the theoretical and applied aspects of Ayurvedic pharmacy in health care.
Innovative and Community based:-Innovative Projects help to develop research aptitude in the field of community health and emerging pharmaceutical industry needs.