Activities of Year 2015
- The sexual harassment committee has been involved in awareness and sensitization campaigns via lectures and the distribution of material at the beginning of each academic year.
- International Women's Day is celebrated in March each year with a program of content relevant to the community such as lectures by women role models, panel discussions and plays.
- The university organized six days self-defense training to the women students and faculty from 5thto 10 October, 2015 in collaboration with the Superintendent of Police Hamirpur.
Activities of Year 2017
- The Women's Cell is rigorously involved in awareness and sensitization campaigns via continuous informative lectures along with distributing guiding material at the beginning of each academic year.
- International Women's Day is celebrated in March every year and includes programs such as lectures by women role models, panel discussions, plays etc.
- As a part of Women Empowerment Programme, the university organized six-days “Self Defense Training” to girl students and faculty members w.e.f. October 24th to October 28th, 2017 with assistance of the Superintendent of Police, Hamirpur.
Activities of Year 2018
A health camp was organized on 15 December 2018 in the Multi-Purpose Hall of university in collaboration with Sansad Mobile Health Service Hamirpur. A team of four doctor conducted the camp.
Awareness Programe on Women Health & Hygiene:
On 20th April 2018, a guest lecture for girl students & Women Staff was organized at the auditorium of Career Point University Hamirpur in order to create awareness about women health hygiene & various chronic diseases.
Activities of Year 2019
Activity 1 : Sexual harassment Interdepartmental Seminar Series
- To aware the students about Sexual Harassment.
- To explain Do’s and Don’ts of Sexual Harassment.
- To explain the procedure of filing Sexual Harassment case.
- To introduce the sexual harassment committee of Career Point University among students.
To fulfill above mentioned objectives, lecture series were conducted by the Sexual Harassment Committee in different departments of Career point university Hamirpur in October month of this year. Lectures were delivered by committee members/ Heads of concerning departments/ Faculties deputed by head for this purpose. Material to be delivered in lecture was earlier provided by the Mrs. Manu Vineet Sharma (Member Secretary of Sexual Harassment committee) through email.
- On 4th October seminar was conducted in Mathematics and Management Department and resource persons were Dr. Shilpa Sood and Ms. Archie Thakur in Mathematics Department. About 20 students participated in it. In Management Department Ms. Shivali Rathour (Ex Member Secretary of Sexual Harassment Committee) was the resource person. About 28 students showed their presence.
- On 9th October seminar was conducted in School of legal Studies and Dr. Anupam Manhas, Dr. Manu Sharma and Mr. Amandeep Nadda were the resource persons. About 57 students were present their.
- On 10th October Sexual Harassment seminar was conducted for undergraduate students of School of Basic and Applied Sciences of Career Point University Hamirpur. The resource person was Ms. Punam Devi. About 22 students had shown their presence.
On 4th October in Mathematics department
On 4th October in Management department
On 9th October in law Department
On 10th October for undergraduates of School of Basic and Applied Sciences
- On 13th October seminar was conducted in Botany Division of Biosciences Department by Mrs. Manu Vineet Sharma as resource person. About 62 students of division participated in it.
Activity 2 : Workshop at Caption Vikram Batra Govt. Degree College Palampur
Students watching presentation
Group photo along with college principal
Delivered talk on concerned topic
Pledge to say no to sexual Harassment
On 11th October on the occasion of 30th Anniversary of Sociology Department, HPU, a talk was delivered by Mrs. Manu Vineet Sharma (Member Secretary of Sexual Harassment Committee) on Topic "Do’s and Don’ts of Sexual Harassment" under the theme "Women Empowerment" at one day workshop organized by Caption Vikram Batra Govt. Degree College Palampur. In this talk students became aware about Sexual Harassment and at last all took a pledge to say no to sexual Harassment.
Activity 3 : Workshop at Career Point University Hamirpur
On dated 16th October 2019, one day workshop was organized by Sexual Harassment cell of Career Point University Hamirpur. The Keynote speakers were Dr. Harjinder Singh Balu and Mr. Sanjay Sharma. They aware the girls about physical hygiene during menstruation, various Sexually Transmitted diseases and different types of cancers of genital parts of women. They also demonstrated the activity with the help of models. They also described the role of good sanitary pads during menstruation. During whole this event Dr. Indu Sharma (Chairman, Sexual Harassment Committee), Mrs. Manu Vineet Sharma (Member Secretary, Sexual Harassment Committee), Mrs. Shivali Rathour (Coordinator Activity Cell), Dr. Shashi Punam (Chairman, Women Empowerment Cell) and other members of Sexual Harassment Committee were present.