Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Career Point University, Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh has adopted the following Gram Panchayats in consultation with the district administration Hamirpur
Activities Performed so far
- Village visits and survey of the identified villages to assess the facilities and their requirements
- Meeting with the PRIs , Gram Pradhans, Secretary, Ward Panch for assessing the needs and the role of the University
- Preparation of action plan and budget for the activities
- Seeds were distributed to the villagers.
University has identified the basic needs for the development and employment of the villagers then tentative activities schedule planned by Career Point University, Hamirpur.
- Awareness about natural ponds and their cleanliness from weeds. Cleanliness campaign by students to clean the ponds.
- Awareness and cleanness of natural water resources like step well, well etc.
- Awareness and use of twin bin system in each home and waste management and recycling and revising.
- Awareness of fundamental duties and rights through Legal Aid Clinic.
- Awareness campaign About Beti Padhao Beti Bachao.
- Awareness about Cleanliness.
- Awareness about saving forest from fires and deforestation.
- Protecting the long term fertility of soils by adopting organic farming.
- To provide improved crop, seeds suitable for marginal areas to increase production.
- To encourage farmers for rearing honey bees and rearing of goats, sheep to supplement the farmer’s income.
- Arrange training to promote entrepreneurship in villages in small scale industries like; fabrication of bags from locally available material, preparation of pickle chattni, Jam, Sanitary pads, Rural Craft and Artisans Development, clothing etc.
- To organize blood donation and Health camp in the adopted villages.
- To plant trees on the available Panchyat land. Make plan for eco-friendly, waste Management, sanitation, social forestry, watershed management etc, and educated populace of the adopted villages for the protection of environment.
- Give the knowledge about nutrients which are made available to the plant by the action of soil micro-organisms.
- Provide careful attention for farming system.
- Plan a lecture on How to use Solar Energy and Water treatment, Recycle.
- Rural Industrialization and Entrepreneurship Development.
- Reconstruction of the footpaths to be taken up with the district authorities.
- Construction of water tank for conserving water from the natural spring.
Dr. Gulshan Kumar (7876538244)