The School of Legal Studies and Governance was set up by the University in 2014 in
which B.A.LL.B, LL.B, LLM. And Ph.D. programs are offered to students. The programs
offered by the Department of Law are approved/recognized by University Grants.
The Commission, Bar Council of India, and H.P. Private Educational Institutions Regulatory Commission.
The State Legal Service Authority has approved the Legal Aid Clinic in this University and the same is working since 2014. The University has successfully organized legal aid camps for the benefit of the students and populace. The clinic has
organized around 20 legal awareness camps and 21 legal awareness lectures and has also conducted 2 surveys.
- Location The department is located in a serene and peaceful environment providing an ideal environment for learning
- Curriculum The curriculum is up to date and the syllabus is modified as per the changing requirements of the discipline.
- Faculty Qualified experienced, and dedicated faculty sensitive to the needs of the students make the teaching-learning process interesting and innovative.
- Research Activities and Moot Courts We have created a congenial atmosphere and have provided supporting infrastructure for research activities. The department ensures that its students are benefited to the maximum by ensuring their overall development.
- Practical Training The department provides practical training and exposure by regular internship programs in courts, banks, government departments, NHRC etc.
- Social Inclusion The Legal Aid Clinic organizes legal awareness programs for the benefit of the local populace. The students and faculty actively participate in programs of NSS, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, and CDC.
Student Development The Department strongly believes in ensuring the overall development of students. This was brought about by forming different clubs, committees and societies. Two students were designated as overall activity coordinators for an academic session. This was latter replaced by an elected Students Bar Council in 2019.
- Comprehensive Understanding In order to provide a holistic and comprehensive understanding of the subjects, regular expert lectures by professors of different universities, judges, advocates, etc.